Polarhoem i-lines on SuSE

Irc, Eggdrop, BNC problems and discusion.

Moderator: Moderators

Polarhoem i-lines on SuSE

Postby dillona_aix » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:13 am

Hi,
I don't know much about IRC, but I got to thinking today. Are the i-lines that polarhome has with various networks available to SuSE users as well if I have a different IP address?
Thank you,
Dillon Amburgey
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dillona_aix

Postby sjaz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:31 am

No, they won't be since the I line will be based per IP. Unless someone gets an exempt for *.polarhome.com and PTR's are setup which is probably too complicated to facilitate.

I'd just go with a no on this one.

sjaz.
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby DenisF » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:02 pm

Not possible, since i-lines are always issued to hostmasks, and your hostmask is setup by the reverse record on your isp's dns servers.

unless you can access those servers and change your hostmask to, say, suse.polarhome.com; it ain't possible.
[ FAQ ] :: [ Policy ] :: [ Port Forwarding Guide ] :: [ Search ]
DenisF
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Matej » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:56 pm

Some ISPs are actually friendly enough to change the reverse DNS records for your IP if you ask (at least I got that benefit free of charge), but I doubt that this would actually help since polarhome’s hostmask isn't *.polarhome.com but ua-83-227-153-76.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se .
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Farrukh » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:39 am

Some ISPs are actually friendly enough to change the reverse DNS records for your IP if you ask (at least I got that benefit free of charge), but I doubt that this would actually help since polarhome’s hostmask isn't *.polarhome.com but ua-83-227-153-76.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se.

Hi dillon,

my account is KoTwal on SuSe and the host i am getting on my eggdrop is something like "kotwal@adsl-065-005-251-121.sip.bgk.bellsouth.net". this is f y i . thx
Knowledge beyond boundries....
Farrukh

Return to Polarhome IRC